Christmas Metal Symphony played today (2013/12/13) their first show from the new tour at Älvhögsborg, Trollhättan, Sweden. Tomorrow they will play at Kristianstad Arena, Kristianstad also in Sweden.
The Christmas Metal Symphony band is formed by: Magnum Opus Rockestra, musical director by Joost Van Den Broek (ex-After Forever), Marcel Coenen (Sun Caged): Guitarist, Abel Cañizales (Labirintho): Guitarist, Johan Van Stratum (Stream Of Passion): Bass, Jeffrey Revet (Stream Of Passion): Keyboardist, Koen Herfst (Epica):Drums.
And the Vocalists for the first shows are: Michael Kiske, Joey Belladonna (Anthrax), Chuck Billy (Testament), Udo Dirkscheider (ex-Accept) and Floor Jansen (Nightwish).
Hammerfall vocalist Joacim Cans will join to the tour later.
Here is the setlist:
01. Instrumental Intro
02. More Than Meets The Eyes (Testament) – Chuck Billy
03. Souls Of Black (Testament) – Chuck Billy
04. March Of Time (Helloween) – Michael Kiske
05. Longing (Helloween/PIDW) – Michael Kiske
06. I Want Out (Helloween) – Michael Kiske
07. They Want War (UDO) – UDO
08. I’m A Rebel (Accept) – UDO
09. Metal Heart (Accept) – UDO
10. Orchestra interlude
11. Practice What You Preach (Testament) – Chuck Billy
12. My Pledge Of Allegiance (After Forever) – Floor Jansen
13. Alone (Heart) – Floor Jansen
14. Nemo (Nightwish) – Floor Jansen
15. Heaven And Hell (Black Sabbath) – Joey Belladona
16. Anti-Social (Anthrax) – Joey Belladona
17. Madhouse (Anthrax) – Joey Belladona
18. Here I Go Again (Whitesnake) – Joey Belladona
19. Phantom Of The Opera (Nightwish) – Floor Jansen
20. Silent Night – Kiske & Udo & Floor & Chuck
Brigitte about the show: “Kiske started quite early with his part and was introduce by Chuck as former Helloween singer and now Unisonic singer. Kiske started wih ‘March of Time’, which really sounded great with orchestra. His voice was perfect as always.Then Kiske introduce ‘Longing’ as a track of his last Helloween album and he hopes that people like it and the he was happy that CMS accepted his suggestion. The audience reacted great to this song. Then Kiske said that he sings also ‘I Want Out’, because it was requested by CMS. The finale was a little different than expected and a classic Christmas song with almost all singers, also Kiske. But they quite messed up the lyrics.”
“The sound was too loud. Several people protected their ears from time to time. I would have also preferred if the performances would have been always one song and then changing the singer. The performance of Floor was really good despite I missed a male singer in ‘Phantom Of The Opera’. Also Joey’s Songs like the Dio tribute was really good.”
Previous to the show Michael Kiske had a talking with the journalist Lisa Appelqvist (kristianstadsbladet.se) and Michael commented some interesting things about his partners in the CMS:
“Joey and I was there in the 80s. And Udo, I have met him a few times before over the years. You know, it’s always nice to just sit down and talk, sharing stories. Chuck Billy, I’ve never met him before. He is great! A large, very tall, and super nice guy.”
Udo and I talked about the facts the other day. He has been achieved a similar status with Accept. But you know, when we started, we wanted to just follow our own idols, influenced and do what they did, but in our own way. We never thought we would create something new. And then, when a bunch of other bands began to be influenced by us – it’s when you suddenly be portrayed as a pioneer. It will always be a big surprise.“
‘March Of Time’:
‘I Want Out’: